This is an exciting opportunity to join our team taking the Christian message into the primary and secondary schools of Woking in partnership with our local churches.
Do some or all of these areas of work interest you?
- Primary school assemblies (using Bible stories and drama)
- Lunchtime and after school Christian clubs
- RE provision
- Small group work eg anger management
- Christian Unions at Secondary Schools
- Mentoring (early intervention)
- Detached work in schools
- Prayer spaces
Do you have:
- A passion for sharing the good news of Jesus in schools?
- Initiative, drive, enthusiasm, confidence and energy?
- Experience of working with children and volunteers?
- Good administrative skills including a confident working knowledge of MS Packages and email systems?
- Awareness and basic use of social media platforms?
- An ability to work on your own, or lead or be part of a team?
- Good time management skills?
- The ability to maintain and build on the trust established between Engage and schools over many years?
The weekly hours involved in the role are negotiable depending on your circumstances and the skills you offer and are term time only, ie 39 weeks per year. THIS IS THEREFORE ALSO A JOB SHARE OR HYBRID WORKING OPPORTUNITY. The salary will be in the range of £2500 – £10,200 dependent on hours worked. Evening and weekend work will not normally be required. Engage are active supporters in encouraging work-related development and support hybrid working arrangements. We are also supporters of work related continued personal development.
It is an occupational requirement that the job holder is a committed Christian and the post is subject to satisfactory references and DBS checks.
The opportunity is available from the 1st of March and the closing date for applications is Friday 28th January. Interviews will be held on Monday 7th February 2022.
Please click below for the job description and application pack.